Múnich October 15th, 2012
To the people of Mexico,
To the International Community,
To the International Media,
By hereby we denounce the forced disappearance of Diego Maldonado Castañeda (34), Ana Belem Sanchez Mayorga (30) and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava (28) during their visit to Paracho, Michoacan, Mexico, from the Hotel Santa Fe on Sunday July 22th. So far the authorities have refuse to investigate the case, concealment of clues and rejects do a physical search of the dissapeared persons.
We point at Mayor of Paracho, Michoacan, Nicholas Vargas Zalapa as possible responable of concealment of culprits.
In the context of unbridled violence that exists in the country, we consider as an open act of repression and impunity the forced disappearance of Diego Maldonado Castañeda, Ana Belem Sanchez Mayorga and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava and we demand the Mexican State to devote itself to take immediate action in the case.
We urge Mexican authorities responsible:
1. To present immediately Diego Maldonado Castañeda, Ana Belem Sanchez Mayorga and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava alive
2. To take urgently the appropriate measures to ensure physical safety and psychological integrity of the three young people, as well as all members of their families.
3. To conduct a prompt, thorough and impartial investigation into any human rights violations committed against Diego Maldonado Castañeda, Ana Belem Sanchez Mayorga and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava and their families.
4. Respect the family rights to demonstrate and punish those responsible for the attacks and the disappearance of Diego Maldonado Castañeda, Ana Belem Sanchez Mayorga and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava.
5. To comply with international covenants and conventions on human rights signed and ratified by Mexico.
We join the demand to the Mexican State to give us a prompt response with concrete results (in terms of Article 12 of the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance)
For more informtion about the case please visit: nomasvictimas.org
If we don´t burn together, who will illuminate this darkness?