Angel E. Martinez, July 7, 2013
Morelia, Miochoakan -. The lack of progress in the investigation into the triple disappearance nearly a year ago. Young professionals, Enrique Castaneda Nava, Antonio Diego Maldonado and Ana Belen Sanchez Mayorga, who had been forcibly removed at Santa Fe in Paracho by group of armed men.
July 21, 2012, ending the workshop on science for children in the House of Culture of Paracho, the young people from Mexico City have decided to stay another day in the town to see the Cantoya international balloon festival. According to some witnesses, the evening before the kidnapping some people disputed with Luis Enrique and Diego Antonio and molested Ana Belen. Then they came to the hotel in the morning.
Laura Beatriz Castaneda Guerrero, mother of Diego Antonio said that the city government and the hotel owner ignored the incident, which has left many suspicions. Relatives of the missing have met with a lawyer, Placido Torres Pineda, for me to talk about the investigation, but there was nothing to tell. The latest news was on March 10, when the police were organized searches in the area of La Minas, where they found some things of the disappeared youths.
According to Beatriz Castaneda, relatives gave 500,000 pesos alleged kidnappers through the priest Juan de Dios Ávila, who served as a mediator, but there was no answer. “We know that the owner and the hotel and receptionist know much more than they said, so they should be held accountable, as they destroyed the evidences at the scene of the abduction,” she said.